Glossary of Terms
- Pod: a set of questions put together, like a quiz or homework assignment.
- Instapod: a set of questions (or “pod”) generated automatically based on selected topics.
- Workbook: a set of pods put together, sometimes aligned to a complete course, textbook, or exam.
- Question: a sentence or phrase to illicit information or test knowledge. On Learningpod, these can be formatted as multiple choice, multiple select, short answer, or guided questions.
- Explanation: a few sentences that make the reason behind a right or wrong answer clear.
Note: It’s a good idea to provide detailed explanations to questions whenever possible.
- Multiple choice: a question that presents mutiple answer choices with one correct answer.
- Multiple select: a question that presents multiple answer choices with multiple correct answers.
- Short answer: a question that asks the user to enter their own answer.
- Guided question: a pre-answered question that includes an explanation.
- Topic: category type on Learningpod used to sort content by subject area
Ex: Economics or Psychology
- Student Level: category type on Learningpod used to sort content by grade level
Ex: Grade 2 or Undergraduate
- Exam: category type on Learningpod used to sort content by test names.
Ex: AP Exams, GMAT, or SAT Subject Tests
- Premium: a badge indicating that content was authored by a trusted partner
Using the Site
- Practiced: a question or pod that has been answered
- Favorites: the pods and questions that you’ve marked with a golden star with your account
- Published: a pod or question that you’ve written and published the platform
- Draft: a question or pod in progress that has not yet been published
- Unlisted: questions and pods that cannot be found in search results
- Listed: questions and pods that will appear in search results